The unlicensed SDK is fully functional, but apps built with it will display a notification on startup, and will only run for 5 minutes at a time. To remove these restrictions, a license is required.
All licenses are perpetual and royalty-free, and include upgrades to all future versions of the SDK.
A commercial license allows Chaquopy to be used in closed-source apps. Please contact us to request a license key, giving the following information:
- How many developers on your project will be using Chaquopy.
For open-source apps, Chaquopy will always be free of charge. Here’s how to qualify:
- Your app doesn’t need to be finished, but it must do something useful, and it must already use Chaquopy.
- Give your app a unique application ID which does not begin with
- Release your app’s source code on a public website such as GitHub.
- Include a notice releasing the code under an open-source license. If you haven’t already chosen one, we recommend the MIT License.
Once you’ve met these requirements, please contact us to request a license key, including a link to where the app’s source code is available.
You must keep the published source code up to date for as long as you use the free license key.
Activating a license
Once you have a license key, activate it by adding the following line to the project’s
The notification and time limit will then be removed the next time you build your app.