This version adds support for Android Gradle plugin version 3.1, and removes support for version 2.2. If you’re still using Android Studio 2.2, then we highly recommend that you upgrade to version 3.1. Our testing shows that it builds apps more than twice as fast, whether you’re using Chaquopy or not.
- Add Python versions 2.7.15 and 3.6.5, and fix a few lesser-used standard library modules.
- Update to pip version 10.0.1.
- Build reliability fixes, including one for over-strict metadata parsing.
- Further build speed improvements.
- Improve app startup speed where a requirement is reinstalled at the same version as before.