This release adds support for installing pure-Python sdists. This means that all pure-Python packages on PyPI should now work with Chaquopy, whether they have wheels available or not. If you have any difficulty installing a package, please report it at our issue tracker.
- The Python major version of
buildPythonis now required to be the same as that of the app itself when using pip, and the default value of
buildPythonhas been changed accordingly.
- Implement implicit namespace packages on Python 3 (PEP 420).
- Add partial support for .pth files. Only the execution of lines starting with
importis currently implemented: all other lines are ignored.
- Add message explaining how to show full pip output in Android Studio 3.1’s new Build window.
- Fix “registering invalid inputs” warning in Android Studio 3.1.