- Runtime Python version is now 3.8.1.
- See compatibility notes for Python 3.7 and Python 3.8.
- Most native packages have been upgraded to a more recent version. If you’ve used specific version numbers in a
requirements.txtfile, you may need to update them. See the repository index for a complete list.
- All Python standard library modules are now supported except those in this list. In particular, support has been added for
- Android Gradle plugin version 3.6 is now supported, and version 3.1 is no longer supported.
- buildPython must now be at least Python 3.5.
- Expose Java API using
apiconfiguration so it’s available to dynamic feature modules.
- Update CA bundle to certifi 2019.9.11.
- Fix “cannot create a consistent method resolution order” error when using
- Fix a deadlock involving the Java API.
- Improve local caching of packages which aren’t available as wheels.
- Reduce some temporary filename lengths to avoid the Windows 260-character limit.
- Improve startup speed.
The following packages have been added to the repository since the previous version: